Teammates in life are essential for us to become better men. To successfully navigate life, every man needs a team of trusted teammates who can help him reach his full potential.
“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.”
Proverbs 13:20 (ESV)
As part of the Authentic Manhood series, we’re encouraging you to put together your team of guys. Commit to meeting once a week for at least 6 weeks, and use the questions below to start your discussions.
- Week #1: IDOLS – Use the list of Diagnostic Questions on page 22, to begin processing which of the Deep Idols you identify with the most… control, significance, or comfort? How do you think that Deep Idol is manifesting itself in your life right now?
- Week #2: EMPTY PROMISES – “All good things can become sinful things if we make them the main things”. What is something good in your life that you are tempted to run to when you feel weak?
- Week #3: BATTLE PLAN – Share an issue in your life where you need to apply the “Battle Plan” (Admit the struggle, Identify the lie, Replace with the truth). Commit to memorize one verse (page 56).
- Week #4: XXX – Share the last time you dealt with sexual temptation (viewed porn or inappropriate material, stared at another woman, etc)? What are you doing to guard your heart?
- Week #5: CONTROL – Our desire for control can manifest itself in excessive fear, workaholism, anger, and a desire to dominate. Do you struggle with any of these symptoms?
- Week #6: SIGNIFICANCE AND COMFORT – One way we look for significance is in our relationships. Have you (or do you) ever felt “less than” because you weren’t in a relationship, or you felt you weren’t being valued in a relationship you were in?
Contact Brent (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.